> * Roland Winkler <jvax...@tah.bet> [2011-12-28 03:51:14 -0600]:
> On 2011-12-27 09:29 +0800, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> When visiting an article from "foo <b...@baz.com>" who is not in my db,
>> I am offered to add name "foo" and address "b...@baz.com" to the record
>> of "First Last - foo", i.e., a person whose _organization_ is "foo".
>> I think this is wrong: matching the name "foo" against organization
>> "foo".
>
> ...Yet this does not yet explain Sam's problem: if the message of
> "foo <b...@baz.com>" had a header "Organization: Woozle", his setting
> of bbdb-auto-notes-rules should add "Woozle" to Foo's BBDB record.
> Yet it should not operate on an existing record where the
> organization field had value 'Foo' (unless the value of the name
> field was 'Foo', too).

this is not what is happening to me.

I see a message in a newsgroup

From: foo <b...@baz.com>

I do not have a record with name=foo or mail containing b...@baz.com.
However I have a single bbdb record with organization=foo.
The message is marked as coming from a "known bbdb person" and that
person is the one with organization=foo.

> Right now I am puzzled...
>
> In general, multiple records may share the same organization field.
> Which record is picked then?

I happen to have just one record with this specific organization.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://camera.org http://mideasttruth.com http://thereligionofpeace.com