On Mon, Feb 27 2012, Damon Haley wrote:

> I occasionally get some old-fashioned mass mailings from family members
> and would like a way to add them to bbdb without using bbdb-create
> manually.
>
> Please share any solutions folks have.

Here my bbdb setup. It does what you want, and perhaps a bit more
(I don't remember the details...):

(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
(setq bbdb-accept-name-mismatch                 t
      bbdb-completion-display-record            nil
      bbdb-message-all-addresses                t
      bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p             '(create . query))

(defun my-alter-summary-map ()
; ....
  (local-set-key ":" 'bbdb-mua-display-records))

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'my-alter-summary-map)

(defun message-read-from-minibuffer (prompt &optional initial-contents)
  "Read from the minibuffer while providing abbrev expansion."
  (bbdb-completing-read-mails prompt initial-contents))

           Peter