On Mon Jun 4 2012 Johnny wrote:
> lookout.el is however using a bbdb function, *bbdb-add-new-field*,
> that has *disapeared* in bbdb3. As a lisp amateur, I plunged ahead and
> copied across the function from bbdb 2.35, but of course this doesn't
> work (theres a bbdb-propnames that has since been obsoleted, and this is
> omnipresent in the old code and nowhere to be found in the new code).
>
> Has the 'bbdb-add-new field' been replaced in bbdb3, or is it removed?
> In short, how can I restore it to make lookout.el and csv.el work?

A quick look into the old code of BBDB 2.35 tells me that
bbdb-add-new-field was not used at all within BBDB 2.35. That was
probably the reason why it got removed. I have to look into what
lookout.el is trying to achieve by calling bbdb-add-new-field (plus
other functions from BBDB). I expect that these things can be
greatly simplified. (I need to look more carefully, but I expect
that calling something like bbdb-add-new-field is not at all needed
anymore.)