On Thu Jun 28 2012 Sebastien Vauban wrote:
> With BBDB 3, I've lost the following feature:
>
>     For records which have `gnus-public' set, the fancy splitting does not
>     work anymore like it did.

What is `gnus-public' supposed to do? I realized a little while ago
that bbdb-gnus.el refers to gnus-public, but I could not find any
reference to gnus-public in Gnus itself. Is this some (very) old
Gnus feature that disappeared in more recent versions of Gnus, or am
I missing something else? (Which version of Guns are you using with
which version of emacs?)

I thought about removing the relevant pieces of code in bbdb-gnus.el
that have a `FIXME' tag.