On Thu Apr 5 2012 Sriram ET. wrote:
> I can see that this customization has been removed from BBDBv3.
> After spending a little time with the code I am still not able to
> figure out if it has been replaced with something else. I would
> like to automatically create entries for email that is in my work
> email group in gnus. Is there a recommended way to do that in
> BBDBv3?

I believe that since the appearance of BBDB v3 the question has come
up several times how to distinguish within Gnus between email / news
messages in different mail folders / news groups. So I expect that
more people would appreciate if this was mentioned in a FAQ for BBDB
v3.

While I do not know much about Gnus, I expect that a proper solution
should use a function going into the variable
bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p. This function should use some gnus
variables to identify the "context" for which BBDB got invoked.

If anyone has developed some code along these lines, please post it
here.