Hi, I love bbdb (3.02) and it's working well for me.

However, with the recent update, it looks like the bbdb-search-simple
function has finally went away.

My question is how do I rewrite the function found on emacswiki to
handle Gmane’s encrypted addresses:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BbdbCanonicalizeAddresses

Here is my stab (sucking at elisp), but the unencryption part doesn't work:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle no

(setq
       bbdb-canonicalize-mail-function
       '(lambda (net)
         (let ((buf (get-buffer gnus-article-buffer)))
           (if buf
               (save-excursion
                 (goto-char (point-min))
                 (if (and (string-match "@public.gmane.org" net)
                          (re-search-forward (format "[^:,]*<%s>" net)
(point-max) t))
                     (let ((ad (mail-extract-address-components (match-string
0)))
                           realnet)
                       (message "Found `%S' in headers! Doing realname search!"
ad)
                       (and (car ad)
                            (setq realnet (bbdb-search (bbdb-records) nil nil
nil (car ad)))
                            (setq realnet (car (bbdb-record-mail realnet)))
                            (setq net realnet))))
                 net))
           net)))

#+end_src