"Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

> Please note that BBDB recently went through a major re-write and
> I hope that a proper release of the new BBDB 3 will take place soon.
> BBDB 3 is fully compatible with GNU Emacs 23 and 24 (but not with
> older versions of GNU Emacs nor -so far- with Xemacs).

I would like to take this opportunity to say a hearty "thank you" for
this work!

In particular, the mail address matching makes much more sense, and
provides much better user control, in bbdb3.

> BBDB is available at
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/
> To check it out, use
> git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git

One quibble; it is not at all clear from any of the web pages that the
only way to get bbdb3 is via git; a short announcement to that effect at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/ would be very helpful.

--
-- Stephe