On Wed Aug 1 2012 Alan Schmitt wrote:
> I have a person that was entered twice in bbdb, with the same name but
> two different mails. I tried to put the cursor on one of the records and
> do a "M-x bbdb-merge-record", but when I enter the second mail address,
> I get an error:
>
> Mail address "(the current mail address)" is used by "(the name of the
> person)"

This should be fixed now.

When I last touched the code of bbdb-merge-records, the code for
checking duplicates was broken. In the meanwhile this got fixed, but
this check doesn't make sense while merging records.

2012-08-01  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb.el (bbdb-allow-duplicates, bbdb-hash-update)
        (bbdb-record-set-field): Fix docstring.
        * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-merge-records): Do not through an error
        when merging the old and new record results in duplicate AKAs and
        email addresses.

BBDB is available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/
To check it out, use
git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git