On Thu Aug 9 2012 Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> "Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > On Wed Aug 8 2012 Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> >> (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
> >> (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
> >
> >   (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-mail-aliases)
>
> I can't get it to work. I have several mail adresses with the mail-alias
> field set to "auteur" but pressing TAB or C-TAB after auteur in the To:
> field doesn't autocomplete.

What do you expect to happen? What are TAB or C-TAB bound to?
You might need something like a call of mail-abbrevs-setup in your
init file. (Completion of mail aliases is different from expansion
that happens when you send a message. All this applies equally to
aliases that you define as described in the Emacs info manual. In
that sense, it has nothing to do with BBDB.)