I just want to give here a brief update on my further plans with
BBDB.  Currently, I have three open issues on my BBDB to-do list:

- Notes -> xfield
  (see the recent thread "name for list of notes fields" on this list)

- pop up *BBDB* buffer properly
  (see the recent thread "BBDB3 & Electric Popup Window")

- clean up gnus interface
  While I do not know too much about Gnus, I thought that there are
  a few things that could help to make BBDB's Gnus interface more
  transparent. (So far, I did not do much with the Gnus-specific
  features of BBDB.)

Is this all?? Let's see what pops up next...

I almost forgot: Of course, I thought that when these things are
done, there could be a proper release of BBDB v3.