"Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 10 2013, Sean Sieger wrote:
>> Please indulge me,
>>
>> BBDB's not one of those cumbersome, corner-use-case, libraries
>> is it?
>>
>> Why isn't it included in GNU Emacs?
>>
>> Does it belong in the ELPA?
>>
>> It's here:   git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git
>
> I'd love to include the new BBDB 3 in GNU Elpa, or yet better GNU Emacs.
> The main obstacle for this is that while large portions of the BBDB code
> have been re-written pretty much from scratch, there remains the
> somewhat tedious task to go over the new code and check more carefully
> which portions of the old code have remained and then either get
> copyright assignments for these portions or replace them by something
> else.

An intermediate step would be to put it in some other repository,
hopefully gaining more users, and thus a larger pool of potential
volunteers.

I have no idea how practical other repositories are. I also have a
package that will be ready for a repository soon, so I'd like to find
out ...

--
-- Stephe