Hi Roland,

I’ve done some work on getting bbdb-vcard.el working with BBDB 3.0. Its at the
point where import/export works fine, as verified by the rather extensive test
suite.

https://github.com/vgeddes/bbdb-vcard

I’m now focusing on rewriting some of the internals to make sure that only the
external interfaces for BBDB are used. However, I’ve run into an issue with
`bbdb-create-internal’, which insists that I pass a non-nil name (either a
string or a cons cell). Seeing as BBDB doesn’t otherwise prevent users from
interactively adding records that have empty name fields, this behaviour seems
a bit inconsistent.

One idea would be for `bbdb-create-internal’ to accept an ’nil' name as long as
either the org, mail, phone, address, or other important xfields are passed.
let me know what you think, and I’ll provide a patch if deemed necessary.

Also, does the ‘affix’ field in a bbdb record refer to both prefixes and
suffixes for a name, or just suffixes? I’m working on adding support for bbdb
affixes too.

- Vincent