die...@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> "Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:
>
> Hi Roland,
>
> thanks for the fast reply.
>
>> On Sun Nov 9 2014 H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
>>>
>>> Right, it should work in a mail buffer as well and not only in
>>> bbdb.
>>
>> The command bbdb-complete-mail seems to be what you want.  The
>
> The later seems to be the function which I'm getting when typing TAB in
> a TO field in the Gnus message buffers.  What was missing in the
> situation of multiple mail addresses was simply
>
> (setq bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling t)

I'd like to stress that I find the default value nil of previous
expression badly chosen, why inhibit the users from this functionality?
(Moreover when the customisation is so difficult to find.)

I think bbdb3 is too cautious and humble from time to time for such an
important package, e. g. with the colon command (:) in a Gnus group
buffer.  When there is no entry for the respective mail address the
command does just nothing!  Why is it necessary to supply a prefix
argument only to be *queried* if I want to add this address to the
database?  The query should be there right from the beginning and an
immediate action with a prefix argument.

Just my 2 ยข ;-) thanks for bbdb3.

     Dieter

PS: It would be nice - unless bbdb3 is not in Emacs proper - that user
could find it at least in elpa.

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm