Seven hours ago, I wrote ...

Wish: Use the Patterns feature to save simple text strings that are not interpreted as Grep patterns.

Since then, I've been experimenting and realized that wish was just the beginning of ...

Wish: Provide the ability to save and recall Find & Replace dialogs in all their glory.

The Find & Replace dialog current saves search and replace text for the duration of a session -- see the "Search For:" and "Replace With:" menus.

What I envision is saving pairs of Search and Replace, along with Case Sensitive, Start at Top, Search Backwards, etc., in much the same way Grep Patterns are currently saved, recalled and edited.

-- Ward