I set my preferences to Editing: General:Soft wrapped line
indentation:First line (and was *very* please to see such a
preference) expecting that when my text was soft-wrapped, that all
wrapped lines would be indented as far as the first character of the
line.

Unfortunately this is not happening. Instead I see wrapped lines
starting at the left margin.

I have the tab key set to auto-expand to 4 spaces, and thus use spaces
for indentation.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the feature? This is BBEdit 9.0
on an Intel Mac running 10.4.11.