On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 02:23:27PM -0700, DM666 wrote:

> Ronald,
>
> Thanks!
>
> It works in the RegExhibit application (selects only the correct
> occurrences of the filter block of text).
>
> However, in both BBEdit 8.7.2 and 9.0.1, it causes a "stack overflow/
> full" error, so it's not much good there...

Well, crap.  I was hoping the stack overflow problem had been fixed...

I don't have BBEdit at hand at the moment, unfortunately.  Try this one:

My understanding is that the stack overflow happens because (.)* pushes an
item onto the stack for each repetition.  This version of the regex reduces
the number of repetitions by matching more of the string in each
repetition.

Ronald