Look at <http://www.otfb.com/Comment/SendComment.html>. View source.

I cannot figure out where those characters before <html> come from.

BBEdit shows just 39 characters in this file when I Get Info. I've tried
zapping gremlins to no avail. Show Invisibles shows nothing.

The page was 4581 characters from which I systematically eliminated things in
the hope that I'd find out the cause of the strangeness. As you can see, I got
down to practically nothing but the characters persist.

The page originated when I viewed the source of a WordPress blog posting (from
Safari) and did a copy/paste into BBEdit, followed by assorted editing.

Very frustrating that BBEdit could not see these characters but browsers can.

Anyone have any ideas where those characters came from?