On Nov 4, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Zachary Jones wrote:

> When I have an HTML tag of the form:
>
> <li class="<?php echo $sel?>">
>
> and I want to add to it another property, I generally use Cmd+M to
> list common properties, hit enter, then type.  However, this method of
> property addition (like the more UI-ish Cmd+opt+M) will replace
> characters like < and > with their HTML-entity versions.
>
> Is this a common hang-up for others?  If it's something many deal with
> then I'd like to think there's reason to petition for BBEdit to ignore
> (at least) < and > when used in a known-tag syntax like <?php .*?>

Yes, it is an annoyance, but I never thought to ask for it because in
a perfect world, where presentation is completely separate from
programming code (or completely encapsulated by it), the annoyance
will go away.

Thanks to PHP's Document Object Model and some of my own custom
classes, I've almost reached that perfect world a la $table->render().
http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.dom.php

Ted Stresen-Reuter
pictures of where I live:
http://tedmasterweb.com/stock/european-landscapes/