Nice post, Cory, and welcome back to BBEdit. I made this comment on
your blog, but thought I'd bring it up here as well (just in case
someone wants to correct me ;-).

    You wrote: "Long-time BBEdit users will probably recognize this
    [Projects in BBEdit 9] as an evolution of the Disk Browser feature."

    Actually, I think the new Project feature in BBEdit 9 is an
evolution
    of the long-standing File Groups feature. In fact, I think Projects
    and the legacy File Groups are virtually identical, except for the
    addition of the attached editing window and some UI polish in the
new
    Projects window.

    BBEdit 9 still has the Disk Browser too, but it's a distinctly
    different feature that mirrors the directory structure of a drive
    (whereas File Groups and Projects contain an arbitrary collection of
    files that can be located anywhere).

-Dennis