My problem seems to be that after I find the text using the line...

set zFindResult to find searchStr options {search mode:grep,
returning results:true, starting at top:false, showing results:false}
searching in text 1 of text window 1

that the line below does not set the insertion point after the found
text, like I was expecting.  That way the next search would begin at
the new inserstion point.  Apparrantly, the insertion point is staying
constantly in the same place.  How can I modify the search or the
insertion point to move through the text I am searching?  Thanks.

                  select insertion point after selection of text
window 1