On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Paul wrote:

> Two full days of experimenting, reading, expermenting, researching,
> experimenting and I can't figure out how to get this done.
>
> I want to find and replace blocks like the following, using the
> number of paragraphs varies.

We're probably going to need a little more information, specifically
on what criteria you want to match. If you want to match any div of
the class shown here (and it's always typed the same way), something
like this should do the trick:

(?s)(<div class="ve mid-108">.*?</div>)

The tricks here are that (?s) causes '.' to match newlines, and
that .*? is a non-greedy match, so that it will terminate on the first
match can of course be more general than what I've shown, but you need
to be careful with greed.