Hi

Like Peter this works absolutely as expected for me. I tried it on the
text of your email as well. With the character classes [a-z] and [A-Z]
only the characters in the ranges are removed, any with accents remain
along with punctuation.

I'm a big fan of Unicode :) and I don't think it is the cause of your
problem.

I am using BBEdit 9.0.2.

Patrick

http://www.patrickjames.co.uk