> From: Patrick Woolsey
> Bee <200...@calcentral.com> sez:
>> I have not found a menu item to append text to the scratchpad,
>> without opening the scratchpad.
>>
>> The Services menu has an item
>>   BBEdit > Append Selection to Scratchpad
>>
>> Have I missed the BBEdit menu item?
>>
> As this Services item works from within BBEdit as well, there's no
> separate
> menu command.
>
> Regards, Patrick Woolsey

To set a Service keyboard shortcut, I need to use:

System Preferences... >
  Keyboard & Mouse >
   Keyboard Shortcuts >
    Application Keyboard Shortcuts >
     All Applications

Click  +

Then type the name exactly, to the case, of the service menu item:

Append Selection to Scratchpad

And then give it a NOT already used system wide keyboard shortcut,
which will most likely need two modifier keys.

Hmmm... ok how about  Command+Option+A

Grrr... I did something wrong...

Ah, no... now I remember, that's it... Log Out and Log In

Ta Da, it works.

Not exactly BBEdit ease of use.

Also in the past some of these Service keyboard shortcuts have
somehow disappeared.

Is there an easier way?
There should be and mousing to a menu item is not it.
--
Bill
Santa Cruz, California