At 08:34 +0100 on 04/27/2009, Cahit Okten wrote about Re: Can this be
done with Bedit ?:

>i Bruce,
>
>I looked at the concept and I think it is brilliant but unfortunately my
>scripting skills are not anywhere to make it happen.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards
>
>Cahit

There is no scripting knowledge needed. To use SSI, just do the following:

  1) Name your page name.shtml (in lieu of name.html or name.htm)
  2) Where you want the HTML inserted place this comment:
           <!--#include virtual="insert.htf"-->
  3) Create an insert.htf file with the HTML to be inserted.

So long as your Web Server supports SSI (and the shtml suffix) that
will work. To alter the inserted HTML just create and upload a new
copy of insert.htf (which will be used the next time the name.shtml
page is fetched).