Is there a way to script BBEdit to find text in one place, copy a part of it
then find text elsewhere and paste the previously copied text into the other
found text? Multiple times?

I am downloading hundreds of recordings from my TiVo DVRs and each is
accompanied by a text file of metadata. One line in that text file will be of
the form:

originalAirDate : 2009-04-06T00:00:00Z

in this line, I'm interested in the 10 characters in YYYY-MM-DD format. I need
to copy those characters and paste them elsewhere in the document.

There are *other* occurrences of dates in YYYY-MM-DD format and I want to
replace each of those with the year-Month-Day copied from the first
(originalAirDate) Find operation.

I want to script this. I can find the first YYYY-MM-DD and copy it using:
Find: "(originalAirDate : )(?P<orig>\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d)"

but how do I hold onto \P<orig> so I can do the subsequent Find operations and
use it (\P<orig>) as the replacement text? (There will typically be three more
occurrences of the YYYY-MM-DD format.

Of course, I could probably do a whole folder of such files in a few seconds
using Perl or some-such, if I knew Perl...

Would someone care to help me with this?