On Jun 19, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Tim Gray wrote:

> On Jun 19, 8:46 am, "G. T. Stresen-Reuter" <tedmaster...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Why is that? Is it possible that although it includes the kitchen
>> sink
>> that it's simply too much for most of my needs?
>
> I understand what you mean.  I do a lot of LaTeX and found a very
> comprehensive set for it years ago.  However there's so much in there
> that a more streamlined 'smarter' set would be more useful.  It's on
> my todo list.

And with the speed at which some of the underlying languages change,
keeping up on such tasks is nearly impossible!

> Do any of you think it would be good to have a central repository for
> clippings and scripts? Maybe something that Barebones could host?  And
> if some of the sets/scripts/etc. were polished enough, maybe they
> could be bundled with the application...

Bare Bones already has a list of clipping sets available on their
site, but it would be interesting to have a central repository that
didn't depend on their resources for support. The thing is, I think a
lot of the clipping set authors like hosting the sets on their own
sites as it drives traffic (I know that's the my case, but I may be
willing to give that up as the need for traffic dwindles).

Ted