On Jul 29, 2009, at 6:42 AM, Carlton Gibson wrote:

> You can exclude files, I don't know about directories.

Yes, files and directories can be excluded using "−
−exclude=[pattern]". You can even use wildcards. Note, however, that
this only works if you're using a ctags utility directly; the bbedit
command line tool does not recognize the −−exclude argument.

If you don't have the ctags utility installed separately and don't
want to dig through BBEdit's package to find its ctags executable, I
believe you can also set up a configuration file at ~/.ctags
containing something like this:

--exclude=*.html
--exclude=*.css

Note that excluding items only prevents those files from being indexed
by ctags. BBEdit will still apply ctags syntax coloring, code
completion, etc. to those files for matching symbols if it finds an
applicable tags file in the document's directory structure.

As Carlton mentioned, the ctags documentation is a good place to look
for more info:

http://ctags.sourceforge.net/

-Dennis