On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 05:30, BB Design <bradbans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using BB Edit grep to select <a></a> links like this:
>
> (\<a.*\<\/a>)
>
> So I can paste the match using: \1
>
> However, I basically want to delete everything else in the document
> except these links, so that all I am left with is the links. Possible
> to modify my code to accomplish this? Thanks!

I'd use an Applescript to do this:

remove all Return characters -- gets everything on one line
replace <a with \r<a -- puts a Return before a link
replace /a> with /a>\r -- puts a Return after a link
Process lines containing <a and put them in a new document

Done.

Applescript experts would undoubtedly improve on this, but I just
tried it on the source of a random webpage and it appeared to do the
trick in a second or so:

-- This script pulls out all links
-- from an HTML source document

tell application "BBEdit"
        activate
        tell text 1 of text window 1

                -- remove Returns
                replace "\\r" using "" options {search mode:grep, starting at
top:true, wrap around:false, backwards:false, case sensitive:false,
match words:false, extend selection:false}

                -- isolate links
                replace "<a" using "\\r<a" options {search mode:grep, starting
at
top:true, wrap around:false, backwards:false, case sensitive:false,
match words:false, extend selection:false}
                replace "/a>" using "/a>\\r" options {search mode:grep,
starting at
top:true, wrap around:false, backwards:false, case sensitive:false,
match words:false, extend selection:false}

                -- put out lines with links
                process lines containing matching string "<a" output options
{copying to new document:true}

        end tell

end tell

-- end script