On Nov 4, 7:08 pm, Rich Siegel <sie...@barebones.com> wrote:
> On 11/4/09 at 10:04 PM, steve.piercy....@gmail.com (Steve
>
> Piercy) wrote:
> >How do I make this warning stop popping up on every file save?
>
> Change the encoding to "UTF-8, No BOM" as the warning suggests.
> You've been writing your documents out with a BOM this whole
> time (which is not typically a good idea).

In a general context, yes, I would agree that it is not a good idea.
However it is a Lasso file, and Lasso recognizes a BOM if present, so
in this specific context it is necessary. Here is what Lasso does:

"Lasso uses the standard Unicode byte order mark to determine if a
Lasso page is encoded in UTF-8. If no
byte order mark is present then the Lasso page will be assumed to be
encoded using the Macintosh (or Mac-
Roman) character set on Mac OS X or the Latin-1 (or ISO 8859-1)
character set on Windows or Linux."

In order to stop the warning, currently my only option is to remove
this line:

...and maybe I could, but I am not sure of the implications of doing
so for web pages.

--steve