This is probably rudimentary but I can't find what I need so I thought
I would ask.

I am massaging 11K emails that were in a proprietary archive database.
They were exported as a large text file. The field delimiters were
high ASCII characters as there might be embedded tabs and CRs. So now
I am trying to get the emails ready for importing into a proper
database. I need to find something that will preserve linebreaks but
that isn't something that would be recognized as the end of the record
like the CR.

I want to search for CR and replace with something else. Then I can
change my field delimiters and add back the CRs at the end and I
should be good to go.

But I only know \t and \r, is there a sequence for what I need?

Thanks for any help/tips.

M./