On 11/30/09 at 4:12 PM, i...@cherche-suisse.ch (christophe_l) wrote:

>I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, but now (BBEdit 9.3), when I
>drag a folder on my BBEdit icon in the Dock, BBEdit opens a new
>project window which is not very convenient to have a quick look at a
>bunch of files.

Can you describe how it is less convenient for you than a disk
browser was?

The change notes here:
<http://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/current_notes.html> say:

     *   BBEdit offers a new behavior: when you ask it to open a
         folder, rather than creating a disk browser (which allows
         only one document open at a time), you can ask it to create
         a temporary project. This provides the multi-document
         behavior of projects, without requiring you to manage and
         save a project document anywhere.

         Note the limitation that the project is rooted at the folder
         you drop on the application; there's no "Go To..." for
         navigating outside of that folder, nor can you double-click
         on a folder to "drill down" into it. Nonetheless, for some
         purposes, the multi-document behavior may outweigh these
         considerations.

         There is no GUI for changing this behavior. If you want the
         old behavior back, use this command line:

         defaults write com.barebones.bbedit
         Misc:MakeTempProjectForFolderOpen -bool NO

verb. sap.: always read the change notes. :-)

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.