On Apr 27, 10:24 am, Rich Siegel <sie...@barebones.com> wrote:
> Good { morning, afternoon, evening },
>
> We are pleased to announce the release and immediate
> availability of BBEdit 9.5. This is a free upgrade for anyone
> using 9.0 through 9.3.1, and includes a number of new features,
> refinements to existing features, and fixes for reported
> problems. The high points of this new version are:

Perhaps its my fault but as a long time BBedit user for some reason I
had not bothered to install on my original generation MacBook Pro
until this past Saturday. Entered my serial number and 9.1-ish was
happy. Pretty sure it was properly listed in the License dialog box.
Then updated itself to 9.3.1. And an hour or so ago when I saw this
announcement let it update to 9.5.

Then a few moments ago it quit, announcing the end of my free demo. On
a machine which has never had BBedit installed until 3 days ago. MacOS
10.6.3. My desktop is not running and isn't on the same network as my
laptop is now connected.

On relaunch I was allowed to select demo mode. Currently says I have
30 days left. Good enough, I'll have access to my receipt tomorrow.

Am thinking there is a good possibility something is amiss in the
license code for 9.5.