On May 18, 2010, at 5:32 PM, rowen wrote:

> Do you mean Find? It's normal to show Find and Replace at the same
> time, but it is not normal for the dialog to go way after you do a
> find unless you are using the older modal find dialog (which is not
> the default). Perhaps you've accidentally switched to the modal Find
> dialog? If so, set it back in Preferences (though I don't know where
> at the moment; the prefs are rather confusingly laid out).

Couple points:

If you use the mouse to click "Find", the window stays in the foreground. If
you use the Enter key, the window goes away. This is the standard OS convention
for Find interfaces.

I know there are a lot of preferences. Personally, I don't find them confusing,
but others do. That's why I made them searchable: Click the drawer widget in
the top right corner, then type the terms you are looking for.

In this particular case, that won't help. From the 9.5 release notes:

∆       [DOC] The GUI switch to use the old Find dialog has been removed from
the Text Search preferences.
        The preference is still supported, so if you previously changed it, the
change remains in effect.

        The command line to use the old Find dialog is:
        `defaults write com.barebones.bbedit FindDialog:UseOldSk00lFindDialog
-bool YES`

Steve