BBedit is an awesome tool but if it didn't exist, you would become
proficient in another editor. I don't have the option of BBedit at
work because we mostly work with Linux so I've gotten good with vi.
I've seen experts in vi that do amazing things. The key is to take the
tool you like and learn it well.

BBedit works well because it's been around for a while and is well
polished. Rich and company are very careful not to throw in features
without careful thought. While I also like my version of vi (vim) the
thousands of plugins are a mixed blessing. I can find plugins to do
anything, but they often are not maintained and conflict with other
plugins. My configuration directory has hundreds of files in it now
and every update brings potential disaster.

I guess the point is get great at whatever you use. And also, thanks
for the tip about moving files. That's one I hadn't known about and
will remember when I'm working from home!

Mark