Thanks, Ted. But that doesn't work as the first step results in lines starting
with commas. The file pattern is like this:

John Doe <john....@domain.com>, Bill Smith <bill.sm...@domain.com>, Jim Jones
<jim.jo...@domain.com> ...

and so forth. There are 170 entries on a single line. I've done it before by
replacing [, ] with \r to break it into separate lines, and then trimming the
lines from there. But since the email addresses are so conveniently bracketed,
I was just wondering if everything not in brackets could be eliminated in a
single step.