Good afternoon,

On 21/03/11 at 12:25 AM -0400, Tim Gray <tg...@125px.com> wrote:

I'd love to be able to call a Unix script (not a filter) that picks what the active file is and does something with it. I don't mean munge the files contents, but use the open text file as an argument

OK, I missed that part of your question. When I run a script I want the script itself to be the active file, so it's a no-brainer. I seem to recall needing to run a script ages ago that got the front document (which wasn't the script) and I just called some AppleScript to do that; pretty easy to add. Assuming a shell script (adjust for other languages); it should just be a matter of something like:

FRONT_DOC=`osascript -e 'tell application "BBEdit" to get POSIX path of ((file of front document) as string)'`

So, not built-in to BBEdit, but just a one-liner to add to existing scripts.

Charlie

--
   Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garri...@zeta.org.au>

〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt