There are online tools for doing this, why not use there, I did a quick google
search and found this:

        http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

Here a bunch of other links that a colleague collected a while back:

1.     Server-side tool kits available for 32/64 bit OS for Windows and Linux,
written in PHP, Perl and Python. Two examples:
a.     Paid: http://www.softswot.com/sitemapinfo.php
b.     Free: http://www.smart-it-consulting.com/article.htm?node=154&page=82

2.     Extensions and plugins for CMS, development platforms and publishing
platforms such as .Net, Drupal and WordPress. Two examples:
a.     Paid: http://www.pc4people.com/products.php?cat=57
b.     Free: http://drupal.org/project/xmlsitemap

3.     Applications that can be downloaded for free, or for a fee. Two examples:
a.     Paid: http://www.sitemappro.com/
b.     Free: http://www.vigos.com/products/gsitemap/

4.     On-line services that will ingest your web site and create an
XML-Sitemap. Two examples:
a.     Paid: http://www.autositemap.com/
b.     Free: http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

5.     Class libraries available for Java, Perl, ASP and PHP. Two examples:
a.     Free: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2612.html
b.     Free: http://www.iteam5.net/francesco/sitemap_gen/

Cheers

François