Kind of an interesting topic. I remember it being discussed several months ago.
I certainly don't have any argument with any of the suppositions about what
Bare Bones business plan is or isn't. Or any argument with how people chose to
buy and update their Bare Bones products.

It might be more germane to Bare Bones product users about how we as users do
our marketing. (98% of what I do with BBEdit is volunteer work so I wouldn't be
a good business plan source.) So, users...how do you market/distribute your
products? Direct marketing? Big box store distribution? Brick and mortar
storefronts? As someone with a product would you consider the App store for
products you make with Bare Bones software?

Bucky