Your attempt is close. Here's a script that is working for me. You cn
comment out the "do shell" line with -- at the beginning of the line
and uncomment the line above it to see the file path that it will try
to open for testing.

tell application "BBEdit"
        set _file to file of front window
        --display dialog "File: " & quoted form of (POSIX path of _file)
        do shell script "open -a TextEdit " & quoted form of (POSIX path of
_file)
end tell

-Kendall