On Jul 12, 2011, at 9:51 PM, Rich Siegel wrote:

> I would cross CVS off the list unless you already have a heavy investment in
> it; it's been long surpassed by Subversion (svn). Perforce is a good SCM but
> probably requires more setup and management than would be appropriate for a
> one-person team.
>
> I've found svn pretty easy to set up and manage, and there's good client
> support - BBEdit works well with it, as does Cornerstone (a GUI client).
>
> Git is very popular with the youth kids, but I've never used it and thus have
> no opinion.
>
> Of the ones you've named, I'd lean toward Subversion.

Seconded. Plus svn is already on your Mac. Or perhaps its in Xcode, I don't
remember. Perhaps Xcode has svn integration?

When I'm editing in BBedit I'll use BBedit to commit but not everything I put
in svn is a BBedit text file. I'm perfectly happy to jump into Terminal.app and
"cvs commit" composing my commit comment in vim.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dke...@hiwaay.net