It’s perhaps premature to ask this question, given the fact that
BBEdit 10 is not yet available via the Mac App Store.  It’s also a
fairly obvious question, and if it’s been answered somewhere and I
didn’t read carefully, well, allow me to introduce myself, I sometimes
do that.

I’m a very longtime customer of Bare Bones, and have been upgrading my
BBEdit license directly with each release.  I’m curious though, now,
if there are advantages or disadvantages to staying with a directly
purchased/upgraded version of BBEdit versus purchasing the upgrade
during this pricing window via the Mac App Store. What’s the Bare
Bones worldview with regards to the two distribution channels?  Would
you prefer that your customers go one way or the other?

For me personally, the ease of keeping everything up to date via the
Mac App Store seems like a plus, but I also worry, as always, that I
might have to wait extra time for releases/bug fixes due to the review
window.

Curious, assuming you guys feel like you can answer.

Thanks

Robert Occhialini