I've always wondered about the need to have version control integrated
into a text editor. While it would maybe make sense in a larger IDE,
in this context it's pretty much pointless, especially on OSX. Just
use Git on the command line as you would normally. You get all the
awesome features of Git, learn all it's features right from the source
and totally independent of your editor.

I use BBedit with Git every day. So my answer is yes - BBedit does
support Git. In the way that frying pans support pancakes.