images -
> (b) no way to resize the file chooser dialog when it's at the bottom
> of the screen

Yep, this should be reported.

> (c) no size tags once a file is selected;

width + height attributes are not required on image tags. Perhaps
omitted to work with some responsive design techniques for images.

> (d) apparently enforced alt text, inserted even if I delete it.

I also would prefer deleting would result in an empty alt attribute,
but I did find that if you enter a space, that works to make it " "

> The Paragraph… command seems broken, as it seems "dumb" and only wraps
> the entire selection in paragraph tags.

This bugged me too, until I realized that probably the old way was
what was broken, and this is just behaving as a block element should,
and the former behavior of wrapping a p tag around each chunk of
separated text is how an inline element should behave, as it does for
the br tag. I just made a text factory of Text to HTML to get that
with a key command (thanks, RobS).

> There is an extra line inserted at the bottom of the file.

Preferences / Text Files - uncheck "Ensure file ends with line break"