Bruce Van Allen wrote:

On 2011-07-26, Watts Martin wrote:

As near as I can tell, there's no way to adjust the tab width for a
document at *all* -- you can only change the editor default and the
per-language setting. I'm surprised, thinking about it, that tab width
isn't adjustable via the per-document Text Options. (And a little
surprised those aren't saved with documents.)

What? Those things work over here (BBEdit 10, OS X 10.7, and worked for
years).

I use this applescript saved in scripts folder, with Control-Tab set as
keyboard command:

That will certainly work; thank you.

I suppose to be precise I should have said there appeared to be no UI control to adjust the tab width on a document-level basis. It's great that BBEdit has the scripting support that it does, but I'm also bemused at times by how often scripting seems to be the *only* way to do something that seems relatively trivial, like set tab widths for the current document. :)

In any case, this is reinforcing my earlier thought that there really needs to be a BBEdit "Tips & Tricks" wiki, that allows attachments for scripts, snippets (and now packages).

--
Watts Martin <lay...@gmail.com>