Turns out that redragging the folders to the collections is only a
temporary fix. After the project is closed and reopened, the bug
reappears, and the folders no longer.

No response from BBEdit support for a week on this. I don't know if
I'm alone on this, but I'd advise others to avoid migrating projects
from 9.x to 10.0 until this is addressed.

-C