I'm coming from TextMate, and I'm loving BBEdit so far, but there's
one thing I sorely miss. Let's say you're writing a list of items like
this: (^ = insertion point)

1. Milk
2. Eggs
3. Bacon^

At this point I want to hit a shortcut and have "4. " inserted on the
next line. Would this be possible with AppleScript?

It would be great if the script would look for bulleted lists and do
the right thing as well.

* Milk
* Eggs
* Bacon

I'm thinking it might have to be an AppleScript to select the line and
then call a Text Filter to handle finding the number/star and
appending the next one... but my kung fu is not strong enough to
figure it out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!