On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:18:08 -0700 (PDT), binaryghost wrote:
I was interested in writing a script that would be called when and
image is dropped on to the document and was wondering if there was a
way to attach a script to such an event? Possibly a
"documentReceivedImage" or something like that.

Just a question: what do you want to do? If you're trying to work around a (known) bug in BBEdit 10.0.0, more particular in setting the size for images, then you should look in the archives for a workaround, or try the prerelease of 10.0.1.

On the other hand: there's a lot you could do on events like this (like copying the file to a webserver, creating a thumbnail for it and putting a link to the full size under the thumbnail). If that's your goal, by all means go for it. I think you'd have to ask the finder for the current selection or use a file selection box. You'll want to have those in any case just for debugging.

Best,

Maarten