After opening a .html or .css file in BBEdit 10, I find that it is not
automatically setting the source code language from the file extension (or
the contents).

I see from Preferences | Languages that they are installed. If I set it
manually in Edit | Text Options..., it does the proper syntax coloring. And
if I save the file, upon reopening the language is still set.

Am I missing something to get it to automatically detect the source
language?