I use to put in projects the files I have on FTP servers, and I'm never
prompted for a password, whether I reopen or save them.

I start by saving the files to FTP for the first time from BBEdit, then I close
their local versions, open the FTP versions via BBEdit's FTP browser, then drop
their proxy icons into a local project, and that's it. From then on, all I have
to do to open one of these files is to open the project and select the file in
the sidebar. And I just have to press cmd-S to save my changes directly on the
FTP.

These are UNIX servers too, BTW.

Philippe