On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Doug McNutt <dougl...@macnauchtan.com> wrote:

> It helps to understand that when bbedit has a file open for editing the
> entire document is stored as 16 bit UTF characters.  The \ character used as
> an escape elsewhere is essentially never there at all. (Editing a shell
> script might be an exception to that.) Also all input line ends are
> represented as 0X 000D, the standard for Apple of old.

That's unfortunate. LaTeX commands are built around using \ so there
are commands like \textit which is used to make text italic, \tan (for
printing tan properly) and I have custom commands like \rV. Doing
find-replace with the standard BBEdit find-replace dialog is very
annoying since BBEdit is making me do more work since I can't just
select text and do a find based upon it.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering